Achilles tendonitis, also sometimes called Achilles tendinitis, is a painful and often debilitating inflammation of the Achilles tendon (heel cord). The Achilles tendon is the largest and strongest tendon in the body. It is located in the back of the lower leg, attaches to the heel bone (calcaneus), and connects the leg muscles to the foot.
The Achilles tendon gives us the ability to rise up on our toes, facilitating the act of walking, and Achilles tendonitis can make walking almost impossible.
If you are feeling these Symptoms call Dr. Sedicum for an appointment:
- Pain may be mild at first and worsen with continued activity
- Increases inflammation
- Traumatic damage and severe pain
- Walking virtually impossible
- Sensation of fullness in the back of the lower leg
- Develop a hard knot of tissue
Fill out the form below if you are interested in Dr. Sedicum’s services and one of our team members will get back to you as soon as possible![bestwebsoft_contact_form]